How to avoid takeoff (departure) stalls?
- Here are the main Principles to avoid:
- Be prepared for aborting the takeoff if you haven’t reached half of rotation speed in the first third of the runway.
- Weight & Balance must be in the envelope.
- Angle of Attack (AOA) not more than 8 degrees.
- Keep control of the airplane with sufficient rudder (just apply adequate rudder pressure to keep it centered.)
- Sterile Cockpit and Crew (CRM)
Accident, 8th of October, 2021: ‘It happened pretty fast’: 4 dead in a fiery small plane crash at PDK, Georgia.
Federal investigators will be out at DeKalb-Peachtree Airport early Saturday morning to begin their investigation into the fiery plane crash that killed four people Friday afternoon.
According to the Federal Aviation Administration, a single-engine Cessna 210 crashed at PDK airport around 1:11 p.m.
A Cessna P210 Pressurized Centurion was destroyed by impact with airport terrain and fire subsequent to a departure stall during the takeoff attempt at Atlanta-DeKalb Peachtree Airport (PDK/KPDK), Georgia.
The four people on board were fatally injured.
The accident plane was a “Silver Eagle” conversion, powered by a 450shp Rolls Royce M250 turbine engine.